BRAND ME–What does your personal brand say?(Part 2)

    WHAT'S YOUR BRAND?


Simple choices of daily use items have been remarkably influenced by brand names and positioning so strongly that it has left me to think, what’s my personal brand? 

This reminds me when I went shopping the last time for some cookware; I remember standing by to think...

Why must I choose the cookware advertised by India’s top chef? (Not mentioning name) maybe, because of the design, quality, or simply because it makes me think that I can cook like him/her if I use the brand of cookware.

As I stand to make my choice on the brand I realize that I relate myself and my choices to the attributes of either the brand or the personality, Now… Which among the two is it?

Where did I find the brand? In that appealing tone of the voice, In those everlasting punch lines that are always on my mind or simply my fan following for my favorite chef when he says ," The cookware for the chef in you because you are the chef of your home".

Users relate themselves to the attributes of the brand. In my case it gives me a reassurance when I realize even a top celebrity has a similar choice like me and chooses to use the same brand that I use.

The brand and brand ambassador is a proportional relationship ,  the celebrity chooses the brand as a reflection of his personality , and the brand owners choose to portray the product in the light of the personality endorsing it.

Tiger woods’ and "Nike" association through his highs and lows is a mark of the relationship the product shares with its brand ambassador, his achievements and his roadblocks.

Which is a bigger brand the product or the personality? - I often wonder about the formula for the calculation of the net worth of an individual's brand.

My Brand- is my thought process or the marketing and positioning strategy? 

The thought that still remains on my mind is - The impression I leave when I meet a new person depends on my power to influence, my skills, my personal appearance, or the net worth attached to my name.

While I figure it all out for myself you can share too. What's your brand?


-Nida Khan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BRAND ME - What's does your personal brand say?

THE FEARLESS ORGANIZATION (Part 1) - Importance of Psychological Safety